Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Perfect As a Cottage Accent


This framed flower painting caught my eye at "Big Lots."  The colors used were just beautiful with the blue/green/white pallet.  Since I love the blue and green combination anyway, I could "picture this" in a room with a blue and green theme.  Just imagine this over a fireplace or a bed with a beautiful white spread. 


There is something so calming about blue and green - isn't it?  Maybe because the blue is reminiscent of the sky or ocean.  The green possibly reminds us of the pretty landscapes of trees and plantings.  The white flowers could also represent clouds against a blue sky.


As you know, this is not a real painting.  But for the money, this would make the perfect cottage accent in just the right room.  If you are not into the gold frame, you could paint it.  I didn't look at the price of this, but I'm sure it wasn't much. 


As a Big Lots fan, I love to browse around the store, just to see what they have, since they put out new stuff about once a week.  Just looking right now and not buying, which is a really good thing.  Need to sell some "stuff" before I buy anything.  There is a consignment store that would be great for that...Van Buren Consignments.

~gwen~

No comments:

Post a Comment